On October 1, 2021, the Department of Cannabis Regulation (DCR) began accepting new applications for the following commercial cannabis activities via the DCR Licensing Portal:
- Delivery Only (Limited to Social Equity Applicants Only)
- Delivery Only (Microbusiness) (Limited to Social Equity Applicants Only)
- Distribution - Transport Only
- Manufacturing - Type 6
- Manufacturing - N
- Manufacturing - P
- Manufacturing - S
- Cultivation - Processor
- Nursery (Limited to Social Equity Applicants Only)
As a reminder, over the last several months, the DCR Licensing Portal has been undergoing system updates to allow DCR to implement and streamline significant procedural and land-use amendments adopted by the City Council in July 2021. Specifically, these amendments modified licensing procedures regarding the Pre-Application Review process and Temporary Approval Process and will allow DCR to process applications in a more expeditious manner.
To begin the application process to engage in one of above-listed activities, applicants will first need to complete the Pre-Application Review Process. Once an Applicant completes the Pre-Application Review Process and the proposed business premises is determined to be eligible for further processing, an Applicant may apply for Temporary Approval. Both processes must be completed online via the DCR Licensing Portal; click here to APPLY.
Please note that policy amendments made by the City Council necessitated changes to most forms, documents, bulletins and other public resources maintained and utilized by DCR and DCR stakeholders.
As such, please use the following NEW resources to complete the Pre-Application Review process and to submit a Temporary Approval Application:
- A newly updated Pre-Application Review Workflow and a newly updated Pre-Application Review Information and Procedure Bulletin provide information and resources related to the Pre-Application Review process.
- A newly updated Temporary Approval Workflow and a newly Temporary Approval Information and Procedure Bulletin provide information and resources related to the Temporary Approval process.
In order to provide additional resources to assist the public understand what licenses are available and the new licensing process the Department of Cannabis Regulation will host a series of webinars detailing the Pre-Application Review process and Temporary Approval process. See below for information about DCR’s upcoming webinars.
FYI: the DCR website will experience downtime on Monday, Oct 4, 2021 between 6:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. for approximately 45 - 90 minutes for a scheduled update from the City of Los Angeles’ Information Technology Agency’s (ITA) Web Services team. During this time, a “Site Unavailable During Scheduled Maintenance” message will be displayed to the public. As soon as the site is updated, it will become available again. ITA staff will implement updates as quickly as possible and try to minimize downtime.