Observed nationally from Sept. 15 - Oct. 15, Latino Heritage Month celebrates the rich histories, cultures and contributions of those whose ancestors came from Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America.
Southern California has a strong Latino history that dates back to 1781 when missionaries founded "El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles" (The Town of Our Lady the Queen of the Angels). In Los Angeles, one-out-of-two people are of Latino origin. Twenty percent (20%) of the US population is of Latino descent, comprising the largest ethnic minority group.
The Department of Cannabis Regulation (DCR) and the Social Equity Program (SEP) are proud to celebrate and honor the cultures and contributions of Latino Americans. Siempre adelante (always forward).
FREE support and coaching for your cannabis business!
Experts are available to help answer your questions on the following topics:
Check out this great interview with Social Equity licensee, Luis Rivera, Executive Director of Social Equity LA. He provides valuable insights on the resources he uses through DCR to achieve success - attending DCR networking events, accessing the Learning Management System (LMS), and joining live webinars.
Search DCR’s updated Job Board to fast track your career in the Los Angeles cannabis industry. Employers are encouraged to upload job opportunities.
The Department of Cannabis Regulation (DCR), in partnership with the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA), has now expanded the eligibility criteria to receive subsidized Pro Bono / Low Bono Legal Services.
Cannabis Legalization Expansion
There are 23 states where marijuana is fully legalized, and 17 states that have medical programs.
Currently, 15 states have a Cannabis Social Equity Program:
WA, OR, CA, CO, NM, IL, VA, NY, MI, VT, CT, MA, MD, NJ, PA
Beige- Medicinal (Limited Use)
Red- Prohibited states
Get the latest cannabis news from around the country.
- Cannabis legal in Minnesota
- 7 facts about Americans and Cannabis
- Major Changes to Cannabis Law Take Effect Around the U.S.
- Canadian Wildfires appear to have little impact on cannabis supplies
- Cannabis Brands and China: An Emerging IP Challenge
- Mastercard's Cannabis Ban makes industry less safe, say entrepreneurs
- N.Y.’s slipping promise on Cannabis: A pledge of justice for Black and Brown communities is being broken
- Ohio Ballot Board sets language for proposed recreational cannabis law
- New York Judge Lifts Injunction for 30 Cannabis Licenses But About 400 Remain in Limbo
- Booming US Cannabis Industry seen as fertile ground for union expansion
- HHS calls for Easing Restrictions on Cannabis, sending cannabis stocks higher
- Common Mistakes Cannabis Organizations Make In Setting Up Their Finance and Accounting
- Five Marketing Mistakes Cannabis Companies Should Avoid
- Cannabis Near-Term Outlook Is Tough. Here Are Some Survival Tips
- 8 Expert Tips can help Cannabis businesses ensure safety
- How to Control Cannabis Costs in a Market Downturn: 6 Tips
- 5 Tips to Educate and Engage Dispensary Employees
- 6 tips for Marketing Cannabis on TikTok and Instagram
Thank you for reading our monthly CannaDispatch newsletter, designed to provide timely and useful information about DCR-SEP news, services and resources for the Los Angeles Social Equity community, SEIAs, licensees and operators.
If you have suggestions for future newsletter topics, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The DCR public counter is open Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM at 221 N. Figueroa St, Suite 1245, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Call (213) 978-0738 to speak with a DCR representative.